iMessage on the iPhone has some useful and aesthetic features to offer. atechbook shows how you can send messages in handwriting via your iPhone, for example.
Apple’s iPhone enjoys lasting popularity. Users appreciate the self-contained system and the reliability of the devices. In addition, the smartphones offer many useful little features that are sometimes somewhat hidden. atechbook explains in this article step by step how you can send iPhone messages in handwriting.
Send iPhone messages in handwriting
Besides the normal keyboard, you can also use a handwriting mode on your iPhone. Note, however, that this only applies to Apple’s messaging app iMessage. atechbook explains how it works.
- Open iMessage on your iPhone.
- Select the chat you want to use to send the message in handwriting.
- Turn your iPhone so that you can see and use the display in landscape mode.
- Now you can see a new icon on the keyboard, in the bottom row two fields to the right of the space bar and to the left of the microphone button, respectively. Tap on this symbol.
- A large white field will appear where you can write your message. You can either use your finger or the Apple Pencil. With the latter, more precise writing is possible. If the field is too small, there is still some room to the right by swiping your finger slightly to the left. However, the function is not suitable for longer messages.
- When you are done, confirm by clicking the button at the top right of the field.
Via “Undo” in the upper left corner of the field, you can undo the last executed action at any time. If you want to switch back to the normal keyboard in the meantime, you can do so by clicking the corresponding icon at the bottom right. By the way, some short greetings like “Hello” or “Congratulations” are already stored. Every iPhone message you wrote in handwriting is also stored, so you can send it again.
Alternatives for other messengers
Incidentally, the option was introduced together with the special effects for iMessage. Among other things, these enable writing with secret ink. The option just explained only works with iMessage. If you want to send other handwritten messages with the iPhone, you can do that as well.
Apps such as ” Fonts ” can be easily installed on the iPhone. You can then find them in the settings of your smartphone under Keyboards, where you can activate them. With messengers like WhatsApp, you can then make corresponding changes in a message when the keyboard is open within the service.
Conversely, apps like ” Pen to Print ” allow you to scan handwritten texts, which are then converted into digital text.