Just quickly create a note so that you don’t forget something? WhatsApp users don’t need an extra app for that.
Setting up a WhatsApp chat with yourself can be very handy. For example, to store notes, links, reminders, videos, pictures or other files there. If you are using WhatsApp on another device, such as a tablet or PC, you can also send files back and forth this way.
And this is how you can set up the notes function on WhatsApp:
The easiest and safest way to set up a chat with yourself is to use the group feature in WhatsApp. You can easily create groups with just yourself in them and even give them different names – such as for notes, links, or pictures and videos.
Create WhatsApp group for notes on Android
Open WhatsApp and click on the three vertical dots in the chat overview.
2. select the “New group” option.
Select any person with whom you want to set up the group. You delete the person from the group again in a later step. Continue with the right arrow.
4. Enter a name, for example “Notes”, and confirm with the check mark.
Now open the new group and click on the group name.
Click on the person you have added and select “Remove person’s name” from the menu.
Also interesting: WhatsApp users will soon be able to determine who exactly sees their profile picture
Create WhatsApp group for notes on iOS
1. open WhatsApp and click on “New group” in the chats overview.
2. Pick any person you want to set up the group with. You will delete the person from the group in a later step. Click on “Next”.
3. enter a name, for example, “Notes”, and confirm by clicking on “Create”.
4. Now open the new group and click on the group name.
5. click on the person you added and select “Remove person’s name” from the menu.
An alternative to the group trick is the page “wa.me//”. It belongs to WhatsApp itself and is actually meant to help businesses better connect with their customers by simply sending links with their contact.
But private users can use it to enter their own number stored on WhatsApp there. A new chat then appears on the smartphone where they can send messages to themselves.
1. open a browser and enter the address “wa.me//49xxx” (for users with a German area code). Instead of “xxx”, they need to enter their mobile number without the “0” at the beginning.
2. open the link, a new window appears. It says “Chat on WhatsApp with your number”. Click on “Continue to chat”.
3. A new chat now opens on the smartphone, where you can write with yourself.